So as some of you know we've been trying to decide on a housing situation since I got pregnant. We have an open finished attic that we've shared with London, Spencer is sleeping in the office, the office is in the dining room and our table is between the kitchen and the living room.
It's a squeeze, and we're very ready for a bedroom that doesn't involve sneeking over the sqeaky floors past the crib every night.
Becuase of the height of the ceiling and some things involving brick, it's kind of complicated to add on upstairs, but we've had a plan that would enable three bedrooms to fit. We'd talked to three contractors and they were either too expencive, were too scared of the city by laws, or just didn't get back to us.
Then, a couple weeks ago, we talked to a local guy that has been working in Keene for years, he had some good ideas, and said he'd run a quote.
We were getting really nervous. It sounds like the job is going to be more complicated than we thought. It's probably going to be too much. Are we sure we want to spend that much and still live on a busy road? So we looked at a couple houses in the area, but none of the yards were as nice as ours.
We decided to be really specific. We said prayers asking that it be really clear whether it would be best to stay here or move on somewhere. We said a particular price ceiling and said "This much or more and it's not worth it."
We've always talked about moving someday since we moved. Maybe getting a place that's new for both of us, no history, clean slate. So we haven't really spent a lot of time making this house feel like home.
Then yesterday we got the email and the quote was $3,000 less than our cap, and we could do the demo ourselves (meaning Tyson could) which would bring it down almost another $3,000.
So it's settled. We're home.
First thing Ty did was make a swing for the kid's.