Monday, March 4, 2013

What Happens During Naptime - Red Thrift Store Dress

 I think perhaps "What Happens During Naptime..." should have been my blogs name.
This week I had three little projects in cue that are all relatively easy and fast, but my daughter would fall asleep and suddenly the paralysis would set in. Should I take a nap? Work on my dress? Sew a little bit more of my felt badger? Draw that picture I've had in my mind?

 So little time! Well, today I did two things with my Nap Time. First, I took a little nap. Wonderful, now I can think straight enough to decide what to do with the rest of my time.
I had picked up this little red dress at a thrift store with my sister a couple weeks ago. It had interesting buttons and fit just right but it was just short enough that sitting down or crouching was going to be unsettling.

So, I got about ten inches of this great red fabric. It looks like a grandmothers kitchen, that's the only way I can describe it. I folded it in half lengthwise so I wouldn't need a bottom seam and attatched it the the bottom hem. It worked perfectly!
Here's my Nap Time Creation!



No comments:

Post a Comment