- 1/2 cup pearled barley
- Kosher salt
- 1tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoonsfresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoonmayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1cup dry gigante, corona, or butter beans, covered with salted water and boiled until tender.
- 1/2cupflat-leaf parsley leaves, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill leaves, divided
Place barley in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 2 inches. Season with salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, 25-30 minutes. Drain; run under cold water. Set aside.
Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and 5 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl until emulsified. Season dressing with salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower; cook, turning occasionally, until browned in spots, 10-12 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover, and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl; add beans, 1/4 cup parsley, 1 tablespoon dill, reserved barley, and half of reserved dressing. Toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
Divide salad among bowls; drizzle remaining dressing over. Garnish with lemon zest, 1/4 cup parsley, and 1 tablespoon dill.
... And then we went outside to play!
Ready for a bath, a book, and bed.^^